Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Knucklehead McSpazatron

Over the weekend, I went searching through my old email messages. I had done this previously and found the last several emails from Sue. They weren't very exciting. In fact they were sort of depressing. This time, though, I searched through my "sent" folder. For some reason this folder holds on to very old emails that I have sent, but often are attached to emails I have received. It was here that I found a small treasure.

In an email dated Monday June 16, 2008, Sue sent me the following:

"What are you, a Knucklehead McSpazatron? lol.  We forgot about check in today."

It is impossible for me to fully express how much I love this email.  Every time I think about it, I crack up. She was a master at calling me names, and being a goof-ball.  "Check in" refers to our practice of calling each other every Monday morning to talk about, well, everything.  Apparently, that day we forgot.  I'm so glad we did because now I have this email that makes me smile, laugh, and remember.

I hope you find some joy today!

Love,

Knucklehead McSpazatron

P.S. Speaking of Knucklehead McSpazatrons, here are four.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Andrea... I love, first of all, "Knucklehead McSpazatron." What an awesome nickname :-) And I think it's beautiful that you started this blog to help you journey through your grief. Writing can be profoundly therapeutic. I'm so deeply sorry for the loss of your sister. Blessings of comfort, peace, presence, hope and beauty to you as you continue walking this rocky road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber. I appreciate your thoughtful message. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete