Tuesday, July 22, 2014

House Full of Boys!

This week is crazy!  We have our calendar jam-packed with kid activities, appointments, and errands. These are the times when I wouldn't be able to function if I didn't have everything written in my planner.  We would never be able to keep up!

Here's part of why I've been busy. This is what my couch looked like this weekend:
Six of the best boys on Earth!  They are ages 12, 14, 8, 5, 4, and 16.  Also note the random shoe in the foreground.  There are always random shoes all over my house.

Sue's two boys spent the weekend with us, and my sister Kate's little boy was around for awhile too.  And in the meantime, Natalie spent the weekend with Sue's husband and girls.  We had a kid-swap!

I don't often get a chance to spend time with just her boys and not the girls, so it was a fun experience. These boys, ages 14 and 16, talked and talked with me.  They both have great senses of humor.  We shared many jokes, laughs, and stories about their mother. I am reminded again and again how lucky we are that she left us with these kids. They are amazing!

Having 5 (and sometimes 6) boys for the weekend was a lot of fun for me.  But wow, can they eat!

I love them all, and feel so fortunate to be their Auntie/Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment