Thursday, July 17, 2014

Uncomfortable Realizations

This picture has nothing to do with this post, I just like it!
To be completely honest, I feel impatient with other people's issues.  I think I feel deep down that if a person has not experienced the death of a loved one, then they have no right to anything other than complete happiness at all times.  This ridiculous idea is making me not a very charitable or nice person.  I have a hard time being around other people because of it.  I don't really like myself this way, so I'm working on it.

I have also realized that I can go on and on about how other people should not tell me how to grieve, that everyone needs to let me figure out how to handle my own issues.  But then I can turn right around and tell someone else that I know just how they should solve their problems.  I am a hypocrite.

I don't talk about this much, but I started going to church almost two years ago.  I needed to try to find some answers, or at the very least, some comfort, during Sue's major health decline.  I think it is helping me.  I still don't know a lot of answers, but I do feel more peaceful when I take some time to take stock of my life, especially how I'm treating other people.  The main message I get from church is that God is love.  If I want to find more happiness, more peace, and more love, then I need to give love.  I need to always try my best to communicate love to others.

Today I am taking some time to think about how I can do a better job of accepting others, imperfections and all.  And speaking of acceptance, I hope to find some for myself as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment