Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Super Bowl Weekend

Oh my, did I have a busy weekend! I need to lay low today just to recover from it! I'll take you through the weekend day by day.

Friday, Feb. 5: I started off the day by going to the gym. I did walk/run intervals on the treadmill. Then I came home and did some cleaning before going to lunch with some friends (nurturing!). After the kids came home, it was time to go back up to the school for the school carnival. The kids had a great time playing games and hanging out with their friends. Thankfully nobody won a goldfish! I don't recall making any good food decisions on Friday. Oops. 
Here's Ben at the fair. Joe paid a bunch of tickets to get him arrested and put in jail.

Saturday, Feb. 6: I started the day with my dog walking date at 7:30 am. We walked for about 45 minutes. When I got home, we left to drop off a table from our basement to a friend's house. We had Subway for lunch (I'm counting that as my good food decision because I talked myself out of Taco Bell). We came home but then I was off again to take the little boys for haircuts and a new pair of shoes for Ben. After that, I came home to rest for an hour. Frank and I had plans to go on a date (my nurturing). We went out to dinner and to see a play. It was a lot of fun, but by the time we got home, I was exhausted! 

Sunday, Feb. 7: It was my day to teach Sunday school to my class of k-2nd graders at church. I'll count that as my nurturing because I like having a chance to be a teacher once in awhile, and the kids are fun. We came home and stayed home for the rest of the day. I did a lot of cooking for the Super Bowl. I made a few not-so-good food decisions at our Super Bowl party. I didn't exercise.

Whew! That was our crazy-busy weekend. Now today I'm being lazy, but doing very well with eating. Im nurturing myself with rest, but not exercising. 

I hope you had a great time over Super Bowl weekend, and I'll give another update tomorrow!

1 comment: